Monday 25 February 2013

Road trip in Morocco


If you are a follower, you will already know that Rob and I love our road trips. We always find an excuse to go on one, I wrote about the one in Spain here. It just makes us feel like kids on a school trip, and gives us an opportunity to explore. We are not very grown up in that way.
We rented a car in Marrakech and decided to head off to Atlas mountains towards Quarzazate and stay overnight somewhere in more rural Morocco so we could really see and feel and be part of the more raw culture. It was amazing.





Our Kasbah Ellouze


Watched the sunset and had a little scare driving in pitch black not knowing where, but that made it even more special. We arrived at Kasbah just in time for dinner, so quickly jumped in the shower and sat down to eat a homemade hearty moroccan meal, and then went back to our little room that looked like something out of a Game of Thrones scenes…  It had two single beds, so we had to squeeze into one of them to keep warm. There was no internet or TV and electricity was limited, so we stayed up late chatting and telling tales, we laughed so much.
The next day we woke up early in time for a quick glance at sunset and large breakfast before setting out for a came trek. We were squeeking with joy like little kids, we were that excited. None of us rode a camel before so that was another first for us. We were taken round the village and shown how people lived, what they did day in day out, what they ate... It wa sincredible, we absolutely fell in love with Morocco.

11 comments:

  1. After eхploring а handful of the blog ροsts on your web site, I honestlу like your wаy οf writing
    a blog. I saved аs a favorite іt to my bookmark website list and will be
    chеcking back soon. Please visіt my web site too
    аnd tell me уour οpinion.

    My web blog - wedding outlet stores

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures!! What camera do you use? XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Icredible... looks like an amazing place. I am so jealous, you travel so much..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pics bella.. next trip should be India

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. Trust me, I dream about it. x

      Delete
  5. It looks incredible, such a beautiful place! I've been wanting to go there for years, hopefully some day it will happen!

    C x
    Lux Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHITE trousers in that place?!? You're crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually comment, but honestly love your blog. I check it almost everyday to make sure I haven't missed a post!
    I have a question: which colour and brand lipsticks do you use, I love how your lips are always red or pink, it looks great.
    Thanks, Sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you guys had an amazing trip! I also love doing road trips may it be local or foreign. And I always make it a point to be on the road and drive. My best friend always accompanies me when I go for road trips, and yes we do rent a car because it’s cheaper. We just spend the entire day driving and being amazed with the sceneries we see. Sometimes, we even stop to take photos. Anyway, be safe the two of you. I wish you all the best! :)

    Rob Brummitt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you guys had an amazing trip! I also love doing road trips may it be local or foreign. And I always make it a point to be on the road and drive. My best friend always accompanies me when I go for road trips, and yes we do rent a car because it’s cheaper. We just spend the entire day driving and being amazed with the sceneries we see. Sometimes, we even stop to take photos. Anyway, be safe the two of you. I wish you all the best! :)

    Rob Brummitt

    ReplyDelete
  10. your-morocco-tour.com,welcomes you to discover the charm and magic of Morocco.During your trips,we make sure that you have a comfortable and wonderful holiday and leave with unforgettable experiences and knowledge about this place.


    DesertMorocco

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thank you for your comments, I always appreciate reading them.
Love, Saule.

Pin It button on image hover