Wednesday 27 February 2013

Markets in Marrakech



On the glorious sunny morning of our 3rd day, we woke very early to meet our tour guide for the famous Marrakech markets. We were advised by many people that that is a better way of exploring and we can definitely recommend it now.
Sleepy eyes but huge smiles we went out into the morning sun and walked down to the markets. It was wonderful to listen the guide tell us the history of Marrakech and take us through the little tour where we saw how the spices scarves and shoes were made. It was very interesting and we felt super cultured. (Not any less than we did after our amazing roadtrip, but different)
I was pleased I didn't neet to cover up too much, although I think i would have felt very uncomfortable in shorts.

The market is by far the most colourful place you have ever seen, apart from maybe Diwali festival in India, but not even that far off. Seriously. Amazing.




I was automatically in charge of playing their national sport - haggling. Shy at first, I quickly learned to halve it at least and go only a little but up from there. I absolutely loved it. We left with a few scarves, some slippers, some very special cooking spices and a tea set, which we have been using virtually every day since we came back.
I will post some pictures of the city Marrakech itself in the next couple of days.
À bientôt, j'espère!!


7 comments:

  1. Howdy! (is that what you guys say in London?) I live in Seattle and it has always been my dream to go to Morocco, so I really enjoyed the last few posts you've written. Amazing photos and you and Rob look so happy.
    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. labai spalvinga ir silta :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good infοrmatiоn. Luckу me ӏ discoѵereԁ уour
    website by chance (ѕtumbleupon). I have saved аѕ a fаvorite
    fοr lаtег!

    Mу web-ѕite: playing the lottery

    ReplyDelete
  4. going to morrocco in the summer, you have got me all excited now!!!!
    http://vanessa-freelancedaydreamer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thank you for your comments, I always appreciate reading them.
Love, Saule.

Pin It button on image hover