Wednesday 30 May 2012

San Francisco



 
I am back! And as promised, you will be rewarded for your patience.
Soooooo, here is a photo diary of the first part of the trip - San Francisco.
Arrived here on a Wednesday afternoon and spent a couple of very interesting, busy, wonderful days getting used to Americans. I love them by the way. The friendliest bunch of people EVER.


The weather was quite cold, so we kept ourselves warm by cycling our way around with the help of these awesome guys. This pretty city full of steep hills was very bicycle friendly.  Not only very understanding drivers, but dedicated cycle paths, the wiggle* and wide streets made our rides extremely pleasant and safe. I couldn't recommend it enough.




When we weren’t ‘exercising hard’, we were eating like true Man vs Food contestants. We even visited a great little sandwich place where Mr. Richman himself paid a visit.




Discovery of this little Ice-Cream place made me squeak with joy. Salted Caramel, anyone?!




Some absolutely wonderful street art





And of course … partying at a museum! Yes, I am serious - Nightlife at California Institute of Science. With DJ, awesome cocktails and… wildlife exhibition. Our own little ‘Night at the Museum’ experience. Do you have ideas for a better form of culture indulgence? I don’t.







My man was clearly hired for carrying my jacket and purse.


While I drank away!




Watermelon Mint Vodka with Absinthe… I should blog a recipe.
I mean why can’t they do it in UK? It would be a total HIT.


Some more champagne showers and culture and we said goodbye to San Fran. Hopped in to our Ford Mustangs and off we went to explore some warmer sides of California. Next stop - Santa Cruz.




15 comments:

  1. That first shot is exactly one of the very things I think of when I think, "San Fransisco". It's been so long since I've been and I don't remember much so your pictures are so refreshing. Look at those sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they were SO HUGE we could hardly finish them. But DELICIOUS as hell. x

      Delete
  2. SO jealous! A night in the museum sounds like the most amazing alternative night out. Your pictures are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures and your maxi skirt is adorable! Would love for you to check out our giveaway for a awesome organic skincare line here http://bit.ly/KZmF5V

    xo, Brittan & April
    www.evokela.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brittan and April,It is actually a maxi dress x

      Delete
  4. I love San Francisco!! It is a gorgeous city and always something to do!! Fun great pictures.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was much more pretty than I expected it to be! x

      Delete
  5. great pictures

    www.LAByDiana.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect pics!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your outfit with that pink blaser and maxi… you and your bf look like such a gorgeous couple :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thank you! - that is such a sweet comment, I wish you weren't an Anon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos, you look gorgeous in that maxi! Looks like such a fun trip, I'd love to go there one day and then do a big road trip all the way down to mexico!


    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING xxx

    Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pics!

    http://thehenriettadiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thank you for your comments, I always appreciate reading them.
Love, Saule.

Pin It button on image hover