Monday 2 April 2012

The Fish House for Oysters

I have been craving seafood like crazy lately. My man does not like shellfish (yeah, I know!) or "fish with a face", as he calls it,  so we had to find a place that will suit us both.

Amazingly, we stumbled across this wonderful little restaurant called Fish House by Victoria Park. I cannot believe I didn't know about it! This will definitely be my regular from now on.  (Therefore I can promise to update the pictures regularly with the new things I try!)



I thought there could be a few of you that also didn't know about this wonderful little place, and I like to share the love.

It is a retro-style takeaway chippie, that has an Oyster bar at the back of it. The 'restaurant' is divided in two parts; the takeaway lovers have to queue-up and share bench-style tables, on the left hand side of the House, while more intense sea taste lovers have the right hand side all to themselves. With green glass tables that felt, very appropriately, reminiscent of deep green sea and loads of menus hanging around to arouse your hungry imagination, we sat down excited to indulge.






We arrived quite early on a Monday night when it was empty, but by the time we were leaving, it was full and buzzing.


Fish House offer their battered cod, haddock, plaice, rock or scampi with chips to either take-away or eat in. And believe me when I say this - it is utterly divine. (I never thought I would say this about 'fish and chips'.) It comes with luminous green mushy peas and tartar sauce. You will be right in guessing this was the choice of my man, and he was oh so happy!!



My choices were more 'grown up' sea tasting like - oysters, my favorite scallops with hollandaise sauce and asparagus and grilled king prawns.


















The menu varies from Saffron seafood risotto to barracuda with sun dried tomato pesto...



A lovely choice of dessert or Italian ice-cream served by the scoop to finish off a wonderful meal. It is also so cheap that I can't help but want to go there everyday. A couple of courses each with drinks and dessert we hardly paid £50 in total.... can you believe it? You just can't go wrong with that. 

Find them here.



As promised, this will be updated with new dishes on a regular basis. In fact, I am going there next week. Will I bump into you?

Fish House on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

  1. Yum, this looks delicious! Great find x


    The Londoner

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME BLOG!!! <3

    I could never write about food I am utterly useless.... in hopefully an endearing way!

    http://mooreaboutlondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Looks SO good! Love your outfit and your top bun! :)

    xo
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks delicious!

    If you want, check out my blog:
    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this looks really good, and I can't believe the price! You definitely know some good places around London. How did you find it?
    Well, maybe I will bump into you next week!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg that looks beyond yummy, now I'm craving seafood! I'm loving your blog girl, I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch. I love discovering new blogs!

    Sarah xoxo
    http://pandorasboxblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thank you for your comments, I always appreciate reading them.
Love, Saule.

Pin It button on image hover